What is Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
- Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a safe way of supplying more oxygen to the body at the cellular level.
- HBOT provides the best environment for the body to handle vital cell processes, therefore improving the capacity for the bodies potential to heal itself.
- HBOT uses filtered pressurized ambient air in order to dissolve oxygen into the body system, flooding tissues and essential organs with oxygen.
Is Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Safe?
- YES! The hyperbaric oxygen chamber uses filtered ambient air, therefore there is absolutely no danger of oxygen toxicity to the body even with regular use.
- The chamber can be depressurized and opened from the inside.
- When inside the chamber, both visual and verbal communication are possible with the outside.
- People report a comfortable, soothing experience and emerge from the chamber feeling refreshed.
- This therapy is non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical, and there are no dangerous side effects reported.
How Does it Work?
- The mild hyperbaric oxygen chamber is filled with ambient air pressurized to 4 pounds per square inch. This is equivalent to about 11 feet below sea level.
- The enhanced pressure enables the body plasma as well as other essential fluids in the body to absorb additional oxygen, increasing oxygen uptake by the cells, tissues, glands, organs, brain, and fluids of the body.
- Oxygen is utilized by the body for vital cell functions. Healthier cells equal healthier tissues and organs.
Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy may help any condtiion which will benefit from increased tissue oxygenation and reduced inflammation.
ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Anti-Aging Athletic Conditioning Autism spectrum disorder Burns CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Cerebal Palsey Chronic Pain Cosmetic Surgery (Post-Surgery Healing) Crohn’s Disease Dementia/ Alzheimer’s Fibromyalgia Infection Lyme Disease Migraines Mitochondrial Disorders Multiple Sclerosis Neuropathy Parkinson’s PDD (pervasive Developmental Disorder) Sports Injury Healing Stroke TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Wound Healing
What can I expect to happen during my Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session?
The chamber will seem smaller when deflated than when it is when fully pressurized. Within a couple of minutes the chamber will inflate completely, enabling enough room for 1-2 adults to sit upright. After the chamber inflates, it will begin to pressurize. This is the time when you may experience some pressure in your ears equivalent to flying in an airplane. For those who experience this sensation, it typically lasts a few minutes.
How Long Does a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Session Last?
The sessions last 55 minutes.
What Can I Do During My Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Session?
- Listen to music
- Talk on your cell phone
- Play handheld games
- Enjoy movies on your portable device
- Work on laptop
- Read or Sleep
How Frequently Should I Schedule My Hyperbaric Therapy Sessions?
We will make a recommendation for you based on your needs after your initial consultation.
For more information regarding the benefit of HBOT for athletes, check out the following website: http://www.hyperbaricphp.com/sports.html